Movin' On Up
The desire to move to a larger home is often the result of changing needs for you and your family.
- A new child is on the way and you need a nursery.
- The children are growing and need their own rooms and more space to play.
- You’ve grown tired of scrambling for a place to park on the street and want your own driveway.
- Maybe you need more space to build a home office now that you are self-employed!
- Or maybe you just need a change of scenery. There are as many reasons as there are different lifestyles.
Whatever your reasons, moving up to a new home can intensify the joys of home ownership.
Now may just be the right time to make it happen. The equity you have already built up in your current home can often be sufficient for the down payment for your next home. And, with today’s attractive mortgage rates, carrying charges need not be much larger than what you are paying now. As your realtor®, I can help you calculate the carrying costs on a “move up” home.
There are both practical and emotional results of moving up to a better home.
- On the practical side, the equity in your home will continue to grow and the value of a bigger and better home will be ultimately greater over time.
- On the emotional side, the pride of ownership in a bigger house will probably be even greater than when you bought your first home!
As with every major decision, the key component is thoughtful planning. Your options can be confusing at times but as your realtor®, I can help you make the right choices.
Location, of course, will be one of the first choices you will need to make. There are almost as many individual choices on location as there are homes. If you want to move closer to the urban core you can be sure that there is somebody out there who is just as eager to move to the suburbs. If you want a house on a bigger lot to enjoy gardening, there’s someone looking for a smaller lot which requires less maintenance.
If you are thinking of moving up to meet changes in circumstances and lifestyle, I can help you sell your present home for the best price possible and provide you with a customized list of homes for sale that meets your needs and budget.
Send me a note at email@example.com and I will send you my questionnaire on Needs and Wants!
The reality of moving. Should I or shouldn't I
Are you sitting on the fence about selling your home?
Luxury Houses Victoria offers personalized, customized, stress-free real estate services